Presentation of the magazine RECÍPROCAMENTE “Post-COVID-19 reconstruction and recovery in terms of social cohesion”
Hour: 4:00 pm Bruselas - 9:00 am Centroamérica
Country or Region: Latin American Region, European Union Region
Topic: Exchange of experiences
Olicy Areas: Democratic governance policies, Gender equality policies, Social policies
The human and economic consequences of the great global health crisis caused by COVID-19 is forcing us to innovate in public policies in the countries of Latin America and Europe, to improve resilience and achieve the objectives of the 2030 Agenda, leaving no one behind.
This discussion shares the content of the second issue of RECÍPROCAMENTE magazine, which this issue focuses on the post-pandemic reconstruction as a key element of social cohesion. The discussion will feature the participation of writers from this issue.
RECÍPROCAMENTE, a magazine issued by the EU EUROsociAL+ programme, is a forum for sharing points of view from both the European Union and Latin America on common problems that require shared solutions. It features high-level contributions whose authors are from both sides of the Atlantic, addressing key issues for an inclusive and resilient recovery.
- Jorge Onrubia. Doctor in Economics and professor at the Complutense University of Madrid (UCM-ICEI). Associate researcher at the Foundation for Applied Economics Studies (FEDEA)
- Lourdes Bermejo.Doctor in Educational Sciences and Vice President of Gerontology at the Spanish Society of Geriatrics and Gerontology (SEGG).
- Rodrigo Martinez. Social Affairs Officer, Social Development Division, ECLAC.
- Nadine Gasman.President of the National Women’s Institute (INMUJERES) of Mexico.
- Marc Litvine.Head of Sector Regional Programs and for Latin America, EU International Partnerships. European Commission.
- Juan Manuel Santomé.Director of the EU EUROSociAL+ Programme.
- Laura Cárdenas Lorenzo (moderator). Journalist and communication expert at EUROsociAL+.